Saturday, January 21, 2012

T minus ten days until the land down under

G'day mates! And welcome to my blog. To start off, my name is Jenny. I live in Wilmington, DE and I am a junior at Washington College in Chestertown, MD. I will be spending next semester in Australia! I'm an environmental studies major with minors in chem and bio. I play volleyball on my college team, and some of my other hobbies include Scuba diving, working out, playing sports, hanging with friends, and eating.

Since I enjoy traveling and adventures, I figure what better place to go than Australia? They have some of the coolest animals in the world- I mean what is more unique than a platypus?  And some of the best accents. Hopefully I'll pick one up while I'm there. Everyone I know who has visited speaks highly of the country. I can't wait for this trip! Oh yeah, and while it is winter in the States, it is summer in Oz. Forget bundling up for below freezing and snow storms- I'm hitting the beaches!

Here's the itinerary for when I first fly in. On Feb 1st I fly from Philly to LA, then from LA to Sydney. This trip takes a total of 22 hours-uggggggg, but will definitely be worth it. I'm staying a hostel central to most of the major sites in Sydney for 5 days, then flying up to Cairns for a scuba cruise on the Great Barrier Reef. 3 days- 11 dives on some of the best coral reefs in the world :-) After that, I fly back down South to Melbourne where I will be starting orientation at Monash University.

I'm going to try to keep updating the blog with pictures and posts as often as possible, but no promises how frequently I will do this. Thanks for following, and I hope you enjoy!

1 comment: